Shelter
Somewhere in Banaue
That is not my house. It isn't the worst place to live in. At least it provides shelter. Can you imagine yourself being homeless and sleeping on the sidewalk or under a bridge?
I live in a house in a nice neighborhood with a big yard and plenty of trees and shrubs. Our house is more than 20 years old. I used to complain that it's old and ugly with plenty of cracks in the walls and holes in the roof. I didn't want to invite friends to come over because of that. It was beautiful when it was new, but now we can't afford repairs.
Later I realized that I shouldn't complain. I should thank God for his blessings. I like our house and our neighborhood. I like my room. I like my red closet. I love the sound of the birds chirping. I love seeing my nephew, Nathan, holding his nanny's hand and walking in the street, or sometimes getting a ride in his baby buggy. I love walking to church every Sunday. I love seeing kids playing or riding their bikes. I'm happy to live there. Do you want to come and visit?
I don't know where you lay your head
Or where you call your home
I don't know where you eat your meals
Or where you talk on the phone
I don't know if you got a cook
A butler or a maid
I don't know if you got a yard
With a hammock in the shade
I don't know if you got some shelter
Say a place to hide
I don't know if you live with friends
In whom you can confide
I don't know if you got a family
Say a mom or dad
I don't know if you feel love at all
But I bet you wish you had
From Big House, Audio Adrenaline




2 Comments:
awww! nice words... to complement
your great shot! :)
miss banaue! kelan kaya ako makakabalik jan. batad's not as nice to visit anymore
Post a Comment
<< Home